Terms & Conditions
By confirming your order either through our checkout pages or verbally, you accept the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Our prices are subject to change. Promotional terms only apply in the period stated for the promotion. Charges for delivery, if applicable will be added at the checkout. Delivery and repairs can only be made to addresses in the UK mainland.
2. Your order is accepted and a contract is formed between Martin Phelps Music Ltd (MPML) and you when we despatch the goods you have ordered and not before. A contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by MPML, nor at the point in time that you receive an email from MPML acknowledging receipt of your order. Until the goods are despatched the order may not be accepted by MPML, or may be cancelled by you. For security reasons we may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction.
3. Whilst Martin Phelps Music Ltd will try to ensure that prices on the website are accurate, we are not responsible for errors that may occur. If we discover any errors in the price of goods before we accept your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the option to resubmit your order at the correct price or cancel the order. The price of all goods and services advertised are inclusive of any applicable taxes including VAT.
4. All goods and services are subject to availability.
5. Second hand goods are sold in fully working condition unless other wise specified. In some cases, owners manuals for used goods are available as a download from the manufacturer's website. Applicable warranties on secondhand goods typically range from a period of 3 to 12 months in length depending on the type of product. Condition of second hand goods sold on this website is assessed by Martin Phelps Music and described as accurately as possible. Assessment of the condition of second hand goods is subjective, and the buyer purchases these at their own risk.
6. Any goods, services or information displayed on this website should not be regarded as an offer, invitation, solicitation, advice or recommendation to buy any product or services on the website.
7. Any e-mail, order confirmation, or other electronic acknowledgment by us on receipt of an order placed by you does not constitute legal acceptance by Martin Phelps Music Ltd of your order. Acceptance of your order, and the completion of the contract between you and Martin Phelps Music Ltd, will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
8. When processing your order, the information provided will be subject to credit and fraud prevention checks. For these purposes we may transfer your information to third parties and / or countries outside the EEA.
9. Provided you keep the goods in 'as new' condition, you are entitled to withdraw from this contract without stating any cause within 14 working days of delivery. You must communicate such withdrawal to us within that 14 day period. MPML does not contribute towards the cost of returning goods to us under any circumstances, other than for faulty items, unless otherwise stated in Returns Policy. Please see our returns policy for information regarding this.
10. If you believe your product is faulty and needs to be returned to us, MPML will only collect the item if it is in the original packaging - as sent to you originally. If you do not have the original packaging in which the item was supplied, it will be at your own risk that you arrange a suitable means of return to MPML. We do not collect and are not insured to collect items that are not in their original, un-damaged packaging.
11. Any refunds due will be processed within 7 to 10 working days of receiving returned items.
12. Martin Phelps Music must be notified of any breakages or shortages within 48 hours of delivery. After this period has passed, Martin Phelps Music shall not be responsible for any missing or damaged items.
13. We constantly review our content and so we're happy for you to rely on the statements on this Website about your goods (subject to clause 3 above) but other than those statements, you shouldn't rely on any other statements or descriptions of the goods. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the specification of an item. Also, there are certain rights that we give you expressly on this Website, which are in addition to those rights that the law says you have as a consumer and accordingly, your statutory rights are not affected.
14. Martin Phelps Music Ltd's liability for any injury (other than death or personal injury), damage or loss, in particular consequential loss, arising from the use of any goods purchased via this website, or from the transaction itself, are hereby excluded. Any injury, damage or loss arising directly from the negligence of Martin Phelps Music Ltd or any of its agents will be limited to a refund of the value of the goods purchased, together with any delivery charges paid.
15. Whilst all reasonable care is taken to protect the confidentiality of your credit card details, Martin Phelps Music Ltd cannot be liable if, through no fault of its own, these details are intercepted by and used by third parties.
16. The "Martin Phelps Music Maintenance Warranty" as detailed in our 'Why Buy From Us?' page applies to all guitars/stringed instruments purchased in store and online. Aside from our statutory warranty obligations regarding faulty items, the 'MAINTENANCE' aspect of the warranty is offered strictly as a FREE gesture of our goodwill to those individuals who wish to take advantage of a service that may benefit the overall playability of the instrument, not one which seeks to rectify a fault thereof. We confirm that we are not obliged under any statutory warranties to make "adjustments" such as the ones which are offered free of charge. If it is decided by the user that the instrument could benefit from setup work, then all associated costs of transporting the instrument to us and the return of such (either by post/courier or in person) must be borne by the purchaser in its entirety. Our warranty covers parts and labour in all cases whereby failure/defects in manufacturers' components have occurred through normal usage. Claims will not be accepted using this warranty whereby accidental damage, modifications, customising or any form of apparent mistreatment has resulted in a fault becoming evident. Your statutory rights remain unaffected.
17. These terms & conditions only apply to goods purchased online. However, in the case of clause 16 above, terms & conditions apply to both in-store and online purchases.
English law applies to this contract.